Monday, March 21, 2011

It is a new day!

I am thankful that the Lord will not give us more than we can handle.  I am thankful that the Lord is faithful and He is always near.  I am thankful that the Lord will give us strength to face whatever comes at us today.  I am thankful that the Lord will absolutly not abandon us in this situation but guide us as we move ahead.    As i sat at His feet this morning "His peace" spread over me like a blanket.  I know that however He works this all out... it is all for His Glory and for the good of all involved. 

I wish i was able to share all the specifics that are going on, but the reality is this blogspot is just not a safe place to share... I wish i could sit across from each of you with our BIG glasses of tea and share all, but i can't...  I wish i could tell you all the beautiful God moments throughout the last 14 months and the way God has grown me in this faith journey, but again i can't... so instead i ask that you would join me in prayer, knowing there are HUGE things going on in and around this adoption.  We are overwhelmed that the Lord is allowing us to sit on the front row while He is doing unbelievable things in the lives of many. 

Today is a brand new day and with a new day i am sure there will be new challenges ushered in.  I do not know what is going on in the other part of the world.  I know this is a really big week and there are meetings and decisions and more meetings.  i don't know who is in them and what is being decided.  But i know the forward progress hinges on this week.  And since there are no accidents with God, it is exactly as it should be.  I can't say i understand it all but i do understand the one who controls it all.  He is Good all the time. 

Someone once said, "God swings big doors on little hinges."  I believe we are in a "big door" moment.  And we will not understand the significance of all that is going on until much later.   So much is hanging in the balance this week... there are tons of people involved.  But as a believer i know who really holds the control strings. 

I am scared, i am excited, i am apprehensive and i am anxious, but more than all these i am trusting.  God will show up in mighty and amazing ways, i just pray we don't miss Him.  As the last 14 months begin to all come together as God intented, i am desperate to follow Him in unwavering obedience whatever His plan may be. 

In Proverbs 3:5-6 we are told, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."  Today God has brought a new and deeper revelation of the words to my soul.  It is a glorious new day!

I love you dearly and thank you for staying this course with our family!

2 comments:

  1. Big hugs this morning and lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading the blog and connecting some dots in my head! Also LOVED the kissesfromkatie blog - so inspiring, it was hard to pull away from reading it! ((HUGS)) to the Newsom family!

    ReplyDelete