Saturday, June 18, 2011

A change of priority...

I find it funny how i look forward to Summer because it is going to be a SLOWER time because there are no school activities and we will get alot accomplished, BUT there are numerous camps, swim parties, swim team, cookouts, vbs, mission trips, summer sports and many sleep overs.  Then i look forward to school starting back because then we can get back on a schedule, there will be more time to get things done, BUT there are orientations, fall sports, football games, fall camps, school clubs and tons of homework.  So i look forward to Christmas break because i can get loads taken care of, BUT there are tons of parties, Church programs, family visits, shopping and sleep overs...  This is the reality of life, both mine and most around me.  There is no slow time EVER, so what i choose to do is a simply a matter of priority. 

As this adoption process has played out, God has changed my heart in SO MANY ways.  Things that were once so high on my priority list don't much matter anymore.  Things we once as a family aspired to do and the places we HAD to go are not rating so high.  And the future we had painted for ourselves and our children isn't even really our focus.  It all sounds so strange coming from my mouth, yet it is so freeing.  God has impressed upon me more than anything else to LOVE HIM and LOVE OTHERS. that is my call! 

As i've studied statistics and listened to those that are trying so hard to bring awareness to the hardship of many childrens lives, i believe i have been changed for the better.  But... with this storehouse of new information, i believe i have a resposibility as a believer for what i do with it.  That i can no longer pretend i don't know.   So i choose from this day forward to shout out for those that have no voice. 

I know from God's word that Jesus loved the children.  He even said in Matthew 19:14, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."  And in Mark 9:36-37, Jesus took a little child and had him stand among the disciples, then He took him into His arms and said to them, " "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." 

As i have allowed all i've seen and heard and prayed fervently over what to do with it, my priorites have changed dramatically.  And so have my families!  We no longer want to play out the rest of our days as the "safe" american family.  We want to spend our days bringing light to the children that are surrounded by constant darkness.  That is here in the states and abroad.  ALL CHILDREN MATTER!  Color, nationality or gender should not lessen thier importance!!  Jesus loves them all!

You thinking i am crazy yet?  No i can't save them all, nor am i called too, but i can begin one at a time as God puts them before me.  As God brings to light opportunities all i have to do is be available.  He is the SAVIOR, I am just the SERVANT.  And as His servant i need to be about my Father's business, His will and His purpose. 

This week has begun a new way of life for us, a complete shift in priorities and focus that has everything to do with the our family not only extending in size but actually also getting involved in the fight for the children.  God Adores every one of them, therefore we do too!  So we have put on our boxing gloves and gotten into the ring, there is no backing down now! 

Hope you'll pray about getting in the ring as well, theres PLENTY to do!  LeAnn

0 comments:

Post a Comment