Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Second Chances...


i don't have to read far in the Bible to understand that
God is a God of second chances.  

as i was studying in God's story through the life of Joshua today,
i was reviewing my notes when i read these words...
"Our failures do not define our future, our God does."

as the truth echoed through my head, tears formed in my eyes.
God is so gracious and good!

there is not another that has failed more than me. 
i lived many years in the pit, ruled by lies...
but my God in His goodness raised me up from the pit and
cloaked me in white robes!

AND...

as if that were not enough;  as undeserving as i am...
He said i will still use you!
 
This weekend He allowed me to watch on the front row
as all of our remaining treasures entered the waters 
clothed in white robes and proclaimed 
HOW VERY GOOD GOD IS!







 I am so grateful for a Father who does not give up on us!


1 comment: