Saturday, August 15, 2015

looking more like Jesus


It's crazy how fast life moves.  It has been over 2 years now that we have been +4 more :)
It has been the hardest and best years of our lives.  its been 8 months since i even had time to sit down and blog a thought :(  but it has been awesome.

another summer has come and gone:

additions have come along:

new road warriors have taken their place:

and another one leaves the nest this week (college bound):


Our life is chaotic and full... but always open to God's prompting of change.  

on saturdays i don't have to sneak up early to have my date with my daddy because everyone is dispersed.  this morning some were at work, some were at haircuts, and some were still in the bed... so it was quite. 

i was sitting in my chair savoring my moments alone with Him when i read these familiar words: Jesus said "For even the Son of man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give His life as a ransom for many."  Mark 10:45

my heart hurt as i let these words sink in. Jesus was walking with His disciples, who knew and loved Him, yet still misunderstood His calling and ultimately their own at the moment. when two of them began to ask for special recognition and positioning.  So the other ten were naturally upset. Jesus had to call them all together and remind them of their roles and His... to give His life as a ransom to pay for everyone's debt of sin. 

this sounds alot like the same world we exist in today: alot of self appointment and jockeying for position.  often spending less time on others because quite frankly it would get in the way of all eyes and attention on me!

what if we really took this story and Jesus' words to heart today as a personal challenge...
serving others as opposed to looking to others to serve us;
actually caring more about others situations than our own comforts;
and behaving as if we believe what we are saying from our mouths.

the world we exist in today really could look different...
 if we chose to invest our lives as Jesus did...   Giving of our lives as servants for others!

 Just maybe... if we were willing to try a change in behaviors
more people would be interested in knowing about the One we are trying 
to look more like.  i think it is worth a try?!


1 comment:

  1. LeAnn, I am blessed to read your post tonight. I laughed when you mentioned that your crew is about to the age where you don't have to sneak up at the Crack of dawn to have some uninterrupted time with Jesus! Amen sister! I am almost there as well! It's the little things that make the biggest difference!
    Anyhow, I just wanted to thank you for posting and let you know that my heart resonates with so many of the same thought that you wrote about. I pray that my desire to serve Him through serving others is a passion supernaturally fueled by His Spirit....because I know that in my flesh, I am just as self serving as the next gal. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete