Tuesday, November 22, 2011

really... wait some more?!?

sat was my niece's b'day party... and it was at CHUCKEE CHEESE...  (i will not share my opinion about this particular location... you can guess... :)


aren't they cute... so anyway... we had been there a while when the infamous chuckee cheese made his way out... it was only minutes before Gracie was tugging at my sleeve... as you can imagine the scene went something like this...
   "mom, come... hurry Chuckee is over there." 
   "yeah, sweetie be there in a minute."
   "no really hurry... he is going to be gone."
   "no baby... trust me... he is here ALL DAY!"
   "i want a picture with him, pleeeeeeeeeease!"
   "wait just a sec, i'll be there!"
   "no, no, no, you see he's gonna leave."
   "honey, really if we go over now, we have to stand in that LONG line."
   "mom, come on, do you know where we are?"
   "just wait a few more minutes and we'll go..."
   "i've been waiting... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!" 


so we went and stood in line and waited :)  some of you laughed all the way through that conversation because you've had it!

anyway i have a point for sharing the story... as i sat back and thought over the whole scene i got tickled... and the more i thought about it the harder i laughed... because i am Gracie (just in grown up body)...

every day since last December i have woken up and literally said "ok Lord is this the day we get the news?"  last year i even said out loud "i am boarding a plane on dec 16th (2010) to go get them"... ha...

i have read into things and created my own story line... and you can guess how that worked out... i've cried and kicked my feet... you can figure that one out too i'm sure... i've told our story again and again... to some with glazed eyes... i have handled each day different... however at the end of the day each and every one of them for 11 months now has been the same gentle reminder... just wait...

so how have i responded? well to my embarrassment... and totally being transparent... my dialogue has sounded just like Gracie... except it just wasn't said out loud! 

it went something like...  "God hurry!"  "we need to get there."  "they need us."  "really Lord do you know where they are?"  "they'd be so much better if we'd get there!"

i could keep going but honestly i don't want to... i'm sure you get the picture...

as i have been so incredibly impatient over the years... i have to exclaim... it is all worth it... the wait has TAUGHT US SO MUCH!  God is so patient, kind and good!  He never tires of my 8 year old behaviors... He doesn't leave me hanging nor does He applaud my inappropriate behavior when i don't get my way... He meets me where i am and gives me the opportunity to learn from Him how to be more like Jesus in the circumstance...

His faithfulness blows my mind... He is always beside me as i wait for the next step of our journey... and He has never wasted a moment of the wait... this journey has brought me face to face with my selfishness and my ridiculous need to know the next step... it has been humbling to say the least...

so what about the boys... they are being SO BLESSED by God during this wait... when it's all done and said and i can share the whole story with you i will... God's hand prints are all over them and us as our roads continue to weave together... a beautiful picture of God's glory is being painted through HIS STORY in all of our lives... so yes we will be waiting some more... but i can say with complete confidence... it is worth it!

We have no confirm yet on the supposed meeting this Friday, but will let you know when we know.  Regardless of this weeks outcome... we know God's got this :)








  

0 comments:

Post a Comment