Friday, December 30, 2011

Taking it to the next level...

So we are down to the last few months before we are reunited with two of our four Brazilian family members... It has been a long journey, but a good one...

Since we have been legally matched now, we are beginning the final paperwork... However... As we have evidenced again and again anything can happen, so pls continue to pray.

Yesterday we had the coolest gift, which was absolutely orchestrated by the Lord... Our sweet friends in Brazil (who have been fighting for us on the ground) were granted visitation with one of our boys for the week... And we got to Skype with them... It was SO... I can't even put my thoughts into words...

Let me try to explain... It was wierd and right all at the same time... It was awkward and perfect... It was different and wonderful... It was exciting and serile... It was scary and exhilirating... all at the SAME time... I don't know if that makes any sense, but it's absolutely true! This short moment in time took my emotions to a whole new level!!

As I sat with the Lord this morning trying to understand what all I was feeling, I realized that we've been fighting for this reality SO LONG that I have yet to allow myself to think about what happens from here... And what a perfect time to allow my heart to go there! As the New year is about to find its way... It brings with it a title wave of "new beginnings"... And... a time to make choices about the direction we are headed...

The New Year is a time to reflect on the past, a time to look forward to the future, a time to Praise God in the present and a time to take our commitment to the Lord to the next level...

What a reality today has held?... For us... Our immediate future will incl. adding a 13 yr old boy and a 10 yr old boy... from a different culture, that speak a different language... And that live an ocean away... Only a PERFECT GOD could do something so amazing!!!

I am overwhelmed at the blessing of telling the boys all about you who have been fighting from your knees on their behalf... and about the Father up above who gave them to us... The One who knit them together and sent His Son to save them... What a glorious day that will be!

As you and yours ponder all the new beginnings around the corner... I pray that your walk with the Lord is first on the list... What a perfect time to reflect on your Creator and consider what going to the next level with Him means!

Know that I appreciate you and love you from the depths of my heart, LeAnn

1 comment:

  1. LA~I think about you so much and pray for the angel boys God is entrusting to you and your family! It will be an awesome New Year! I can't wait to meet them. I also have pondered all the new beginnings the year will bring, and i am trusting that the next level with Him will be Glorious!
    Blessings, Chris b

    ReplyDelete