Saturday, September 1, 2012

a "bunny" moment :)

today in my time with my daddy,
 i read a devotion by Oswald Chambers
and a portion of it jumped off the page...
 
"We must continually remind ourselves of the purpose of life. 
We are not destined to happiness, nor to health, but to holiness. 
Today we have far too many desires and interests,
and our lives are being consumed and wasted by them."

i was giving it alot of thought this morning
and pleading with the Lord to show me what He would have me do...
when Stephen and Gracie came running into my room
and said "Mom come quick, we have to show you something!"

for some of you, those might be favorable words
but for me... NOT SO MUCH :)
so i followed them apprehensively out to the pool,
and here is what i found...
 
 


a baby bunny!
(our pool has had all kinds of interesting visitors
this year.)
 
Scott pulled it out of the skimmer...
it was scared and shaking.
and although he had pulled it to safety,
and the kids were trying to help it...
it just squealed and jumped.
 
the thing i found to be most interesting is...
 although it fought,
they just patiently cared for it...
never getting frustrated or tired.
 
instead of putting it to the wayside to
go back to their play...
to accomplish what they had set out to do...
they nurtured it and spoke kind words over it,
warmed it, and fretted about it's health.
 
and in that moment as i watched my kids,
God answered my plea...
not with what i had hoped for,
but with exactly what i needed to hear...
 
it kinda went something like this...
 
"LeAnn...
 your children are a gift to be cherished,
nurtured and loved. 
its time to simplify your calendar,
rid of the things that are good but not God's best...
so that you would not be so irritated and frustrated
when you accomplish little more in a day than loving me
and loving them and others. 
my purpose for you is what is to prevail!"
 
my "bunny moment"
came at the perfect time  
so that when it was time to
sit and skype with the girls...
i had allowed the Lord to put my day into perspective :)
 
 
 
 
Love Him... then Others...
all the other stuff can WAIT! 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment