Tuesday, December 11, 2012

so much like the bee!

yesterday i heard the sound of a bee...
but where was it?
i walked through the dorm room in search...
then i saw it.

it was stuck...
freedom was only inches away!
the glorious Promised land within its reach!

it bumped and bumped,
and bumped the ledge again.
the window edge only a quarter of an inch thick,
but to the bee that was a mountain...
a giant, a ginormous problem.

instead of looking around for a better way,
it continued to hit that one ledge.
"you've got to be kidding",
i thought to myself.

and then it hit me...
oh my goodness, that's me!!
i am the bee!

one ledge away,
one ginormous mountain away,
one giant in between...
from the glorious Promised land!

one sin habit, one sinful behavior,
one prideful thought...
keeps me from soaring in
complete Freedom in Christ!

watching the bee,
i realized i'm more like the sinful
Israelites that wandered than i care to admit!

i am beginning to get the courage
to wield my sword and go in a swinging...
taking my glorious inheritance,
that cost Christ's bloodshed!

wanna go with me?
it won't be easy!

it may require...
 leaving some comforts behind!





0 comments:

Post a Comment