Monday, February 25, 2013

The truth!!

So you want to know the truth?
I am tired and...
simply putting one foot in front of the other

How much difference 6 days can make...
I woke this am... Hot, mosquito bit and in culture shock...
Overwhelmed and frustrated!

i came down the stairs to fix breakfast,
Clean the WHITE tile floors again
(Yes it's rainy season),
And prepare for the lawyers visit
To talk over a missing document.

That's when I realized we were out of water,
Had forgotten the muffin pan,
And there was no relief from the heat...
Ughhhhhhhh!

At one point Scott approached me in the kitchen,
"Are you ok?"
The only truthful words I could say were...
"I am working it out with The Lord!"

Please don't misunderstand
gratefulness and humanity!!
My humanity is weak and lacking,
But not my gratefulness!!
I am so grateful that I have a daddy who hears!

When I finally sat down and picked up
His love letter to me, tucked in we're these words,
(In Jeremiah 33:3),  The Lord said....
"...call to me and I will answer you and tell you
Great and unsearchable things you do not know."

He never promised obedience would be easy!
But He did say He wouldn't turn a deaf ear
Or abandon us in it.
So I will have to call out and rest!

Our call takes us to a different home for a while...
There are missionaries that do it for years!
Our call separates our family for a while...
Military personnel do it for years!
I could go on, but you get it.
I just need perspective!

God is continuing to stretch my character
And grow me up in Him.
While it hurts and can be isolating...
I wouldn't trade



0 comments:

Post a Comment