Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Update...


I confess that Scott and I are... a tad bit pampered!
Without air conditioning we have not been sleeping well :)

So... Yesterday after interviews we decided
go eat as a celebration and then go to a movie.
The movie was in Portuguese so that the girls would enjoy.

As we were exiting the theatre
Scott asked how I enjoyed the movie... To which I replied,
"I missed all but the last 20 min, How about you?"
He laughed and said "I only caught the last 30."
BUT the kids loved it:)

Today the washing machine man came, PTL!!
I washed 3 loads of really smelly clothes as soon as he left.
We hung them out to dry 4 times...
But it's rainy season, so 4 times we brought them in.
They are still wet and are now decorating
Our table, doors and anything else we could find.

We did have some chicken and beef tacos...
And some brownies (yes I brought pkgs from home :)
So we needed the exercise... God just helped us out!

I got shocked several times today on the stove...
But the last one caused tingling up my arm
and in my ear for a while...
I think we'll call an electrician?!?!

Erik translated some GREAT conversation
Between Chloe and I, about moms and dads role
In the family and a child's role.
I think it went well.

Erik beat us all again at rummikub...
And Chloe got caught in the shower for the 2nd
Time when the water shut off :(

And... Emily and Chloe for the first time
Have separated and are trying to sleep by
Themselves in their own rooms!!!!

All in all I think we are making PROGRESS,

You know over the years of growing in The Lord,
I have become keenly aware that He doesn't waste anything we go thru...
And it's all for our growth, maturity, character building and His glory!
And typically I'm cool with that.

But I have to tell you honestly...
I've been asking if the coming adventures and growth scenarios,
Might come with less Mosquitos and more air conditioning!!

I'm really not sure what His answer might be :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment