Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Well there seems to be movement :)

I think God is absolutly the "coolest".  He can make me heart soar like no other.  I was spending time with Him (the Lord) this morning when i was compelled to flip on the tv to what has become one of my fav shows, Life Today.  And Craig Groeschel and his wife Amy were on there discussing his new book "Wierd".  Which i am in the middle of reading.  And during the broadcast i got tickled.  Not just a little snicker tickled, but an all out belly laugh tickled.  Laughter is SOOOO good for the soul!

I was going over the course of our previous day and thinking through our schedules and the decisions Scott and I had made and the things our family had been involved in and i thought we are so wierd.  I was thinking of the outlandish conversations the girls and i had on our way home from serving at a local mission last night and i thought we are so wierd.  I was thinking through the conversation my hubbie and I sat up and had about not only our boys that we will soon be bringing home, but also about the other orphans and what our call from the Lord is where they are concerned and my thoughts went quickly to wierdness.  I was thinking through our decisions as a family to put aside some stuff we all love and jump in with both feet missionally, and honestly wierd was stamped all over it. 

As i sat in my chair this morning recovering from my fit of laughter, and listened to the words spoken on the screen... i decided that this is it, the jury is in, the Newsoms have lost it, they are completly goners and its great.  We have crossed the line, we have finally crawled out from under the pressure of looking like anyone else.  We are just a little bit freakish and it is "FREEING" to say the least.  There is a sense of liberation and excitment to move on as a family to where God would have us be. 

Now what is really interesting in all this is God's timing... as i had these thoughts and accepted it all in my heart, i got up and turned on my computer only to find movement in our adoption process.  Honestly i have to tell you i began to laugh again (i'm thinking i might have to be medicated before this is all over).  I have had some of my greatest highs through this process.  I have come to believe with every piece of my being that going ANYWHERE with the Lord is greater than any of the finest vacations i have been on. 

So this week will usher in some answers to some questions we've been asking.  So as we find out info, i will pass it on to you.  The journey is long but worth it.  Thanks for sticking it out with us!

Enjoy a good laugh today for me!  I love you all, LeAnn

1 comment: