Saturday, October 22, 2011

running my race with perseverance...

You know the funny thing about this thing called life is how random things appear, yet I KNOW from God's word there is no such thing as coincidence... God is ALWAYS working... and He ALWAYS has the good of His kingdom in mind.  Within seconds, if i am not careful, i can get sucked into a vacum of comparison; if i am not guarded i will begin to look at others life as compared to mine.  I've seen this truth again and again through our journey called adoption... (saying things like... well there process was easier, shorter, harder, longer, different... fill in the blank, i've thought them all). 

As i was sitting and pondering the most recent setback in our adoption process, God's words from Hebrews 12 began to course through my mind.  The race that i have been predestined to run during my small amount of time on this earth doesn't look like anyone elses, it is specifically for me.  It's hills and valleys, streams and waterfalls will be different.  However, regardless of the view ahead... i am to run it with perseverance, with my eyes focused on the One that matters, Jesus.  I am encouraged in scripture to not lose heart, to not grow weary and to strengthen my feeble arms and weak knees. 

Why were these words of encouragement given?  Because He knew the race would be HARD and we would be tempted to quit or better yet GO WATCH from the sidelines;  He knew it would take us some real RESOLVE IN HIM to run our races with perseverance, to not give up and take the easy road, to bring HIM GLORY IN ALL THINGS.

I would be lying if i said there weren't days that i glanced around at other peoples tracks and wished for a different race... BUT then i quickly remember... NOBODYS race is easy... they are just different.  And GOD chose before the foundations of the earth were laid what our race would look like... so i better just tie my shoes and get busy moving on down the road of my lane... because there is still tons of track to be covered.   

Today Gracie fought with such resolve to win a sackrace for the voices of those around her to say "well done" (she is in the middle and you can tell she is fighting with all she has to win...she is working hard... and she dressed up for it; so she looks good too :)



... my thoughts went to how effective i could be for God's kingdom IF i fought with that same resolve to finish well in my race in order to hear the sound of my Fathers voice speak over me "well done thy good and faithful servant."  

Although nothing about the bend in the road of our journey makes sense today...i will persevere, i will run forward with great resolve!  There are little people on the course of my track that need me to stay focused, a generation behind me that wants me to act on what i believe and a God in heaven that prepared me in advance for the bumps and bruises i'd sustain along the way! 

Jesus NEVER quit persevering for you and i... and i am so grateful!  Do we have the same resolve for Him? 

Wherever my race leads today...i will stay the course because He is absolutly worth it!  LeAnn 

0 comments:

Post a Comment