Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bumpy curvy roads!

Well here I sit at 2 am in the morning in a hotel in Rio! Not at all what I expected for today's final picture. We were supposed to be on the 10:28 pm flight to Miami... But God had different plans. I won't go into the grim details of the day... But I will say it has been emotionally, mentally and physically exhausting from beginning to end. It's interesting what bubbles to the surface when life takes a sudden bumpy turn... Today has held frustration, irritation, fear and doubt; All of which I am ashamed of, as I reminience and review the Lords gracious provisions yet again. I want bore you with long details but I do want to share verses from my quite time this morning that had grabbed my attention as i journaled and i made an entry in my Bible concerning it... It was from Psalms 143, penned by David, "Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good spirit lead me on level ground.". VS. 8b and 10 Here is the excerpt from my Bible concerning it... "7/3/12 Rio to Huntsville... Today begins the journey home...this is where my fear and faith collide... Please give me the strength to stay true to your will." God already knew I'd be sitting here tonight... So He gave me a memorial of my commitment... Because I forget so fast! When the road takes sharp turns and the bumps get over bearing ... I am just like Peter and take my eyes off Jesus. And I quickly turn into Thomas doubting Gods sovereignty! I am weak but praise Him that HE IS STRONG! So while we are on the topic... I minus well let you in on the other big detour... We are home for a very short visit (that's if we can get there)... then we will be in residence in our rental back in Belem for a while. We will be a split family for a while until the girls adoption is final.... Which is a several months process. However, after having been gone for 6 weeks and experiencing what we have... Seeing what we've seen... And hearing from my babies what I've heard... Months are nothing compared to seeing someone trust for the first time, or feel loved or feel protected! Or being able to pray with them, or tuck thier covers around them all the while pointing them to Gods unfathomable love! Yeah the road is sure bumpy and its got a ton of sharp curves... But I wouldn't trade it! Im just just a passenger along for the ride! It's Gods story, I just got a front seat view. And it's amazing! But I'd be lying if I didn't say that at times I get faint of heart! Please keep praying that we'd swerve with Him every curve of the way... bringing Him Glory!

2 comments:

  1. LeAnn...isn't it awesome when God points something out ahead of time...we find it later and go "Oh Yeah!" Praying for your flights tonight and that you will be headed home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete