Monday, July 23, 2012

Cloudy and confusing, but perfect...

we have an incredibly unique family :)
we are stretched in alot of directions,
just like many of you...

i have a stepson Patrick that lives 30 min away...
then i have 3 daughters, Jordan, Skyler and Gracie in the home...
so there has been / and is lots of pink and dancing...

then God introduced me to my (then) 11 yr old...
an ocean away,
that took 2 yr and 5 mo to bring home...
who is now very much a 13 yr old boy!

and in the wait God very unexpectedly
(kinda like a stork moment)
brought me my very confused 12 yr old son...
literally to my car door :)

And if it were not confusing enough...
God united my heart while in Brazil for 45 days
with my beautiful 15 yr old girl Chloe...
and my adorable 10 yr old Emily...

lots of change in the blink of an eye!!

it is God's perfect plan...
and i DO NOT DOUBT it for a minute...
but let me be truthful...
IT IS HARD!

people say...
"how do you do it?"
easy... "uhhhhhh GOD"

people say...
"how are y'all handling it?"
easy... "uhhhhhhh GOD"

people say...
"oh, y'all are so kind!"
"uhhhhhhhhhh  No we are not...
it is ALL GOD!!

When i read in the Bible
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
i take it literal!!

With Him in me...
I CAN DO ALL THINGS!!

even on the days when everything gets all cloudy and confusing...
and i want to throw in the towel...
God is accomplishing His perfect plan...

His only requirement of me...
 is to be willing and obedient to His voice!

so that in my broken pitiful state...
HE CAN SHOW HIMSELF PERFECT!

please pray as we pursue the homecoming of our girls...
and adjust to all our change...

thanks for walking this thing through with us...
God knew how much i needed you all!

i will update you soon on the plan!


1 comment:

  1. It was encouraging to talk to you today about your journey, and definitely, this post is an encouragement, too. Our God is so much bigger than we realize. Glad to hear how your family is letting Him show Himself through you.

    ReplyDelete