Monday, March 4, 2013

New perspective...

So since I last blogged I have finally (I think)
Made it to the other side of a stomach bug :)
I spent most of the weekend in the bed!

But yesterday I felt better...
So we made our way to a mall.
We ate McDonald's,
Watched a movie in Portuguese,
And then headed to an English church service.

The service began with worship... we sang Mighty to save,
Which began my moment with The Lord.
After worship, Pastor Paul preached out of the parables...
Specifically out of Matthew 5:14-16,
About being the light of the world...
And my moment continued!

And then he tied in the Fruits of the Spirit...
From Galatians 5... And how they being revealed / or not
in Our lives affects the effectiveness of our light.
i couldn't ignore God speaking specifically to me.   

Then Pastor closed with the truth that we are called and
Commissioned as believers to give thanks in all circumstances
Not just in those we like.

So then we went into small group where
we discussed the evidence of the fruits
In each of our lives... At home and publicly...
and the effect it is having on others.

And as quick as it took to ask the question,
"where my Weak spots were?"
my moment with The Lord Intensified drastically.
I knew right then and there that I was struggling!
And it is really hard to admit b/c of my pride.

My weak spot at that very moment was so apparent... joy.
I had allowed the enemy to enter in... whispering
Absolute lies in my head!!
And then i allowed them to filter through my thoughts..
I had Become discontented in my circumstances...
And my joy had become based on my circumstance
Instead of the God who IS!

Uggggggh, I fell into the trap again!
I lost my footing and lost perspective!
But God in His graciousness pointed it out,
And gave me a chance to repent and move on :)
So today that is what i am doing!

I face today with a new perspective!!
Heaven will absolutely be more crowded b/c
Of a simple trip to Brazil!

i left right here for a while, b/c i got a text from
my mom saying Gracie had gone to the er in the
ambulance.... wow!  content in all circumstances!
i took my thirty minutes and had my pity party...
then i strapped my shoes back on and got on with it. 
i give thanks to the God who deserves it...
i will be content in all circumstances :)

i am not going to say today has been easy...
but i am going to say...

Gracie has the blessing of going to the doctor
where meds have been given and she is home in
her own bed with my mom by her side.  PTL!

we found Erik's passport this morning, a kid
that at one point had never seen an American
passport!!  PTL!

i have technology where i can skype my kids
anytime i want to, so many do not!  PTL!

my kids are well fed and clothed today, millions of
others are not!  PTL!

i have been beyond blessed to add 3 more amazing
kids to our clan of 5!  PTL!

GOD IS SO FAITHFUL!!

my light had grown dim because of the difficulty
of our circumstances... this is simply not an option! 
Self centeredness is a joy robber all the time!

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!

I praise Him because He deserves it!! 
And i am blessed beyond what i deserve!
So i give thanks to my daddy and very best friend!

How about you?  Need a new perspective?

0 comments:

Post a Comment