Thursday, July 21, 2011

ain't no mountain high enough...

"Don't measure the size of the mountain, talk to the one who can move it." 

i read this on my desk in my home office first thing this morning and have been trying to focus on the truth of it all day. 

However i'd be lying if i didn't tell you that today has been one of those days, you know what i mean, those trying days we all have.  I am fully aware that God is in control, but as a human it is easy sometimes to get caught in the moment and act as if someone else is holding the control strings. 

So amidst the chaos of running one child here and another there, folding the clothes, preparing food, answering the same question for the billionth time and... the dog did what this time :), i've tried to stay focused on the adventure of adoption that God has allowed us on and not the size of the mountain we are trying to climb. 

But at one point today i had focused for a moment too long on the reality of the date and the fact we still didn't have the boys and began to get frustrated.  I began to repeat the above saying over and over but i could still feel my frustration mounting.  So i called it for what it was....  i asked the Lord to help me fight the feelings that the enemy would love for me to succumb too, but that i didn't want to feel and the truth that in my power i am just too weak to overcome the enemy but not in His. 

And... I JUST LOVE IT WHEN THE LORD SHOWS OFF!!  Within seconds the words from Marvin Gayes song, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" were pouring through my head, and minutes later i was dancing around singing the chorus at the top of my lungs...

There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from you

So here is what i believe, God is on our side, He has this!  Whether we have one more month to wait, or three more, He CAN move any mountain He wants, WHEN He wants and HOW He wants to move it. And...there is absolutly no mountain high enough to keep us from our boys when GOD SAYS it is time! 
This truth puts a smile on my face and a dance in my feet!  LeAnn

0 comments:

Post a Comment