Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"A cheerful heart is good medicine..." Proverbs 17:22

Laughter is what i needed after i looked over the expectations of yesterday.  As you know, we were waiting to hear something about some movement yesterday, but we didn't, and still haven't.  So we are doing today just what you would be doing, the next thing as we are TRUSTING Him. 

i know in Isaiah 55:8-9 it tells me that Gods thoughts and ways are so much higher than mine.  So whatever is holding us up is exactly as it should be.  It doesn't change the ache in my heart, but it does help me focus on the ONLY ONE who can ease the pain. 

I am so grateful that He is faithful to meet me where i am in all my frailites, brokenness and sin!  That He loves me despite my failures and complaints and constant weaknesses.  And that He brings laughter just when i need it for my soul. 

I'll share a couple of good laughs i've had today, however you may not find them funny at all:

If you remember Jordan's arm injury from camp three weeks ago; Skyler decided she felt sorry for her last week at camp and would JOIN her:


i've spent the day buying supplies and preparing for our "new normal" this year for school...  did i REALLY say i'd homeschool them all?


How many times can the dogs chew up the SAME column??  And we be dumb enough to fix it... YET AGAIN!

I absolutly do not bake, i rely HEAVILY on Publix bakery, however it is Scott's birthday, so we will see if it is edible :)

And last but not least, what has given me the greatest chuckles of all is... the wait to arrive in South America has been pending since February 24, 2010.  So we are rolling into our 18th month now. 

However as we await our paperwork to go... God has chosen to place Jordan there in Costa Rica today...

as part of a mission team and is sending Scott to Peru within weeks for the same :)  We are all over the South American map, JUST NOT IN BRAZIL!!   

God has quite a sense of humor and knows exactly when i need to enjoy it!  His Word tells me that laughter is good for the soul.  So... as we wait and continue doing the next thing, we will choose to BREATHE deep, LOVE hard and LAUGH much because God is in control!  Thanks for joining us!  LeAnn

0 comments:

Post a Comment