Sunday, March 17, 2013

Learning to laugh :)


Chloe and I have been talking about
Her fear of people making fun of her as
She tries to speak English.

I've been trying hard to explain how little
It matters what others think.  That if they
Make fun of her... Just laugh with them,
smile and walk away.

I even said... That we think people
Think about us more than they do...
And That within seconds they will
Have moved on to something else.

So we stopped at the grocery store
Last night at 11 pm on the way home.
I couldn't believe how busy it was!

We finished shopping, it was all rung up
And was time to pay.  Everybody was
Staring because we stood out with our
Skin color. I smiled at the girl as I dug
Deep in my bag For the cash.

Imagine her surprise when instead of pulling
cash out to give her... i pulled a feminine product
that had worked its way out of the package :)

I quickly returned it, found the cash,  smiled
And walked away laughing.

I'm sure she had lots of fun with that story
before she moved on!

A lesson for me...
Learning to practice what you preach
Comes in all kinds of packaging...
Or not :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment